Equipment: Skillet or Air Fryer or Toaster Oven, Mixing Bowl
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Puka-Style Dogs are a Hawaiian delicacy that combines the flavors of a traditional hot dog with the tropical taste of the islands. The secret lies in the special toppings and marinade that give these dogs their unique and irresistible flavor. To make Puka-Style Dogs, you will need the following ingredients:
- 6 links of Polish Sausage Links or Veggie Dogs
- 6 Sweet Hawaiian Hot Dog Buns
- 2 tbsp of Seeded Jalapeno or Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/8 cups of Chopped Yellow Onion
- 1/2 cups of Mango, diced
- 1 tsp plus extra for finishing of Spicelopedia™ Island Citrus Blast Seasoning
- 1/4 cups of Coarse Ground Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cups of Crushed Pineapple, canned
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped for Garnish
Use your favorite method to Cook the Polish Sausage or Veggie Dogs until the skin is crispy.
Add the pepper (Jalapeno for spicy, bell pepper for mild) to a mixing bowl with the onion, Mango, seasoning, and mustard. Mix well.
Serve the dogs on sliced Hawaiian buns. Top with the mango mustard mixture and crushed pineapple. Top each dog with an extra dash of seasoning and cilantro.
All the flavor of a traditional Hawaiian Puka Dog without the work.