Equipment: Soup Pot with lid
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, sweet, chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic, fresh, minced
- 1 large Jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb of Ground Turkey Breast
- 12 oz of Pumpkin Ale
- 14.5 oz can of Diced Green Tomato with Juice
- 15 oz can of Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 16 oz can of Dark Red Kidney Beans, reduced sodium, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium Sweet Potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups of Cold Water
- 1/4 cups of Spicelopedia® Southwest Zesty Fiesta Seasoning
NOTE: Select a traditional pumpkin ale – not stout or anything with other added flavors.
- Coat pot with olive oil. Preheat pot to medium high.
- Add the onion, garlic, and Jalapeño. Reduce heat slightly so that the garlic doesn’t burn. Sauté for about three minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the ground turkey. Brown.
- Add 1/3 of the beer to deglaze the pan, scraping the browned bits from the bottom. Once deglazed, add thee rest of the beer.
- Stir in the tomatoes, pumpkin puree, kidney beans and the sweet potato.
- Add water and seasoning, stir.
- Bring to a light boil, reduce to a low. Cover and cook for at least two hours, longer if you have time, stirring occasionally, util the chili thickens to your liking.