Smoky Chicken and Chipotle Stew Recipe
Smoky Chicken and Chipotle Stew is a flavorful and hearty dish that combines tender chicken, smoky chipotle peppers, and a variety of vegetables and spices. This stew is perfect for those chilly nights when you crave a warm and comforting meal. To make this delicious Smoky Chicken and Chipotle Stew, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 each of Boneless Skinless Large Chicken Thighs
2 tsp + 1/4 tsp of Spicelopedia® Chili Lime Adobo Seasoning
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 4 cups, 1/4 in slide of a mix of Red, Yellow, And Green Bell Peppers
- 1 cup, 1/4 Sliced Sweet Onion
- 1 large Garlic Clove
- 2, 14.5 oz. cans of Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 2, 10 oz cans of Enchilada Sauce
- Basmati Rice, for 2-4 people
- Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- Place chicken thighs in a mixing bowl. Toss with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and 2 tsp. Chili Lime Adobo Seasoning. Mix with hands coating well. Wash hands.
In a hot Dutch oven or large skillet with a lid heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Add chicken to a medium-high skillet and brown on each side.
In a bowl mix the fire-roasted tomato and enchilada sauces and ¼ tsp. of the seasoning. Measure 4 cups. Pour over the chicken.
Stir the chicken and sauces while scraping browned bits from the bottom of the pan, as these add flavor. Stir in garlic.
Top chicken with sliced peppers and onions. Cover the Dutch oven and place it in a 275-degree oven and slow cook for 2 hrs.
Prepare rice according to package directions. Use the remaining tomato sauce mixture for part of the water or chicken broth (use what you prefer).
When the rice is done, add the cheese and cover to melt and Serve the rice with the chicken.