Ground Turkey Mac & Cheese Recipe
Back to School
1lb of Lean Ground Turkey
3 tbsp of Spicelopedia® Southwest Zesty Fiesta Seasoning
- 1/2 cups of Onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups 2 % Milk or Almond Milk
- 4oz Cream Cheese, plain
- 4oz Yellow American Cheese, cubed
- 4oz Smoked Gouda, cubed
- 4oz Butter, cold, cubed
- 1 lb of Macaroni, your favorite ridged Spiral Pasta, or Cauliflower, cooked
- 3 Slices of Cooked Bacon, Crumbled or Diced (optional)
- French Fried Onions, canned (Garnish)
- Parsley, fresh chopped (Garnish)
- Brown ground beef in the skillet. Add two tablespoons of the seasoning and the onion.
Prepare pasta per package directions or cook cauliflower until soft but not over-done.
Add milk and additional seasoning to the saucepan. Whisk in the cheeses one by one. Add the butter. Whisk over low heat and reduce to desired consistency, about 15 minutes or longer, if necessary. The sauce should be silky-smooth.
Toss the pasta or Cauliflower with the sauce. Top with cooked ground meat or mix the meat mixture into the mac and cheese.
Garnish with bacon, French Fried Onions, and parsley.
No flour, Almond Milk, and cauliflower make this the perfect easy low-carb dinner.