Equipment: Mixing Bowl, Saucepan, Stove, Blackstone Grill or Gas Grill, Instant Read Meat Thermometer
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Southwestern Picanha is a popular cut of beef in South America, particularly in Brazil. It is also known as the top sirloin cap or rump cover. For this recipe you will use our Southwest Zesty Fiesta and Texas Brisket seasoning to create a juicy Picanha Roast dressed with Chimichurri and Gremolata sauce. This dish is a perfect blend of flavors and spices that will leave you craving for more. Whether you are a seasoned chef or a cooking novice, this recipe is sure to impress your taste buds and your guests. So, let's get started!
IngredientsFor the Whole Picanha Roast
- 2.5lb of Picanha Roast (Sirloin Cap), whole
- 1 1/2 tbsp of Spicelopedia® Southwest Zesty Fiesta Seasoning
- 1 medium Lime Zest
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
For the Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cups of Fresh Parsley, Cilantro, Leeks, chopped*
- 2 tbsp of Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp of Spicelopedia® Texas Brisket Seasoning
- 1/4 cups of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cups of Olive Oil
- 4 medium cloves or 2 large Garlic, fresh, chopped
- 1 medium Zest of Lime
- 1 medium Lime Juice
For the Sauce
Whole Picanha Roast
NOTE: Normally this cut is finished with Coarse Salt. If you serve this with the sauce we recommend, you won’t miss the salt. It’s flavorful, it’s juicy and it cuts like butter.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with grilled portabella mushroom strips (pictured). The earthiness of the mushrooms pairs nicely with the meat and sauce.