Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
- 2 Lbs of Chicken wings, drums and flats separated.
- 2 Tbsp of Spicelopedia Peri Peri seasoning
- ¼ Cup of Vegetable Oil.
- 1 ¼ Cup of All-purpose Flour, Sifted.
- 3 ¼ Tbsp + Extra for Greasing on Butter Melted.
- 2 ¼ Tsp of White Sugar.
- ½ Tsp of Baking Powder.
- ½ Cups of Salt.
- ½ Cups of Milk.
- 2 ½ Whole Eggs, Large.
- ½ Cups of Buttermilk.
- ½ Maple Syrup or Honey.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Pat dry the drums and flats and toss in oil. Add seasoning and toss until evenly coated.
- Place onto a baking tray and bake for 15 mins, or until no longer sticking to the tray.
- For the waffles: Preheat waffle iron and combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately.
- Slowly pour in the liquid into the dry ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add some batter to waffle iron and cook according to appliance instructions, or until waffles are golden brown on both sides.
- After the chicken bakes for 15 minutes, flip and cook for another 10-15 mins, or until the skin is crispy and the internal temperature reads 165F.
- Broil for 9 minutes.
- Cut waffles into quarters and top each with 1 drum or flat. Serve with maple syrup or honey.