Chicken Porcini Fettuccine
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 mins
Equipment: Stovetop, Heavy Skillet
- Cooking Spray To Coat Skillet
- 12 Ounces of Chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 ½ Tbsp of Spicelopedia™ Italian Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 Ounce of Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- ¼ Cups of Sweet Red Wine or Red Grape Juice
- 14 Ounces of Lower Sodium Chicken Broth
- 9 Ounces of Refrigerated Fettuccine Noodles
- ¼ Cups of 2 % Milk
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 8 Ounces of Fresh Spinach
- Parmesan Cheese To Taste
- Fresh Parsley For Garnish
Coat skillet with cooking spray.
Pound chicken until thin. Suggest cutting into smaller pieces.
Sprinkle chicken with seasoning.
Add oil to the skillet. Heat to medium-high.
Sauté chicken in batches until browned. Remove from the pan. Keep warm.
Add lemon juice to the pan. Deglaze pan.
Add dried porcini mushrooms and sweet wine to a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and let the mushrooms reconstitute.
Add the chicken broth to the pan along with the fettuccine noodles. Break them in half. Cook until the noodles are softened to al dente, over medium heat.
Add the milk and the butter. Toss in skillet and cook for about one minute until butter melts and sauce begins to thicken. Add in the spinach. Wilt spinach.
Slice or cut the chicken into chunks. Toss into pasta with the mushrooms.
Plate and top with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.