Lemon-Garlic Braised Chicken with Castelvetrano Olives
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- Cooking Spray To Coat Pan
- 1 ½ Tbsp of Spicelopedia™ Italian Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- ¼ Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 8 Bone-in Chicken thighs, skin on
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, cubed
- 1 Tbsp of Minced Garlic, Bottled or Fresh
- ¼ Cups of Lemon Juice, fresh
- ¼ Cups of Dry White Wine or Non-Alcoholic Wine
- 1 ½ Tsp of Capers, Drained and Rinsed
- ½ Cups of Whole, pitted Castelvetrano Olives
- Cooked Rice
Spray skillet or Dutch Oven with cooking spray (if using).
Trim thighs of excess skin.
Dredge in flour. Shake off excess.
Season both sides of the chicken with the seasoning.
Preheat skillet to medium-high.
Add the oil. Brown chicken in batches, both sides. Remove from pan.
Add the butter, garlic, lemon juice and wine. Deglaze the pan.
Tuck chicken back into the pan. Reduce heat. Simmer over medium high heat for about 25 to 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce reduces to half. You may half-cover the pan for most of the cooking time to slow evaporation.
Add capers and olives during the last few minutes of cooking.
SUGGESTION: Serve over cooked rice.