Fish Tacos with Pineapple Salsa Recipe
Fish tacos with pineapple salsa are not only a flavorful and satisfying meal but also a healthy option for seafood lovers. The combination of fresh fish, tangy pineapple salsa, and soft tortillas creates a perfect balance of flavors. Let's explore why this dish is a must-try for anyone looking for a nutritious and delicious meal.
- ¼ 3 Swai Fillets, Cut Into Tender-Sized Pieces
2 Tbsp + Extra For Fish For Spicelopedia® Island Citrus Blast Seasoning
- 1 Bottle of Red Stripe Beer, or Preferred Lager
- 1 cup + ½ cup for Flour
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Head of Red Cabbage, Thinly Sliced
- ¼ Cups of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup + ¼ Cup of Cilantro, Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup of Pineapple, Diced
- 1 Cup of Tomato, Cored and Diced
- ½ Cups of Red Onion, Small Dice
- 12 Small Corn Tortillas
- Oil For Frying
- For the red slaw: Whisk together vinegar and oil, toss with cabbage and season with 1 tbsp Island Citrus Blast seasoning. Toss with ¼ cup chopped cilantro, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the pineapple salsa: Combine pineapple, tomato, and red onion. Toss together and combine with remaining quarter cup of cilantro and tbsp Island Citrus Blast seasoning. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Preheat about an inch of oil to 360F and pat fish dry. Season fish with Island Citrus blast seasoning. Serve medallions topped with avocado salsa.
Thoroughly whisk eggs to make egg wash and set aside. Sift flour into a bowl and slowly pour in beer, mixing into flour to create batter. Add ½ cup of flour to a separate bowl.
In this order: Coat filet in flour then into egg wash then into batter. Carefully place it into oil.
Fry fish until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes each side.