Oven Cedar Plank Salmon with Pecan and Sage Crust Recipe
Oven Cedar Plank Salmon is a delicious and healthy dish that combines the natural flavors of salmon with the smoky aroma of cedar. It is a popular cooking method that infuses the salmon with a unique taste and creates a moist and tender texture. To prepare Oven Cedar Plank Salmon, you will need the following ingredients:
- 12 medium - large Plum Tomatoes, halved
2 Tbsp, divided of Spicelopedia™ Italian Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar*
- 1 Tbsp, plus extra for coating the pan of Grapeseed Oil**
- 1 cup of Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of Parsnip, chopped
- 1/2 cup of Carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup of Turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp of Garlic, minced
- 1 lb of Ground Lamb
- 1 cup of Dry red wine or non-alcoholic wine
- 1/2 cup of Beef Broth or Beef Bone Broth
- 2 Tbsp of Tomato Paste
- 1 sprig, about 5-7 good sized leaves of Fresh Sage
- 1 sprig of Fresh Rosemary
- 1 cup of Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp of Butter
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese, shaved.
- Soak the cedar plank in water for one hour.
Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the mayonnaise and a tablespoon of the seasoning while the plank is soaking. Brush the salmon evenly with the mixture.
Using a food processor, finely chop the pecans and transfer them to a clean mixing bowl.
Add the remaining seasoning, honey, lemon juice and chopped sage. Combine.
Preheat the plank in the oven for ten minutes.
Place the salmon filet skin side down on the plank.
Press the pecan mixture into the flesh of the salmon.
Place it on a cedar plank, crust side up. Bake for 20 -25 minutes, until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Cover the Dutch oven, leaving the lid slightly ajar so the sauce reduces.
Serve with White Cheddar Sage Mashed Potatoes (see recipe). This recipe has a kick. For a less spicy experience, reduce the seasoning.