Big Easy French Onion Soup Recipe
French onion soup is a classic dish that is loved by many for its rich flavors and comforting warmth. If you've always wanted to make this delectable soup at home but thought it was too complicated, think again! In this blog post, we will share with you a simple and foolproof recipe for Big Easy French Onion Soup that will impress your family and friends.
1 tbsp of Olive Oil
3 lbs of Sweet Onion, thinly sliced
5-6 sprigs of Fresh Thyme
2 tbsp of Butter
½ tbsp of Rajun Cajun Seasoning
2 tbsp of Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
½ tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
2 tbsp of Bourbon
½ cups of Pinot Noir
1 Qt of Beef Broth
1 Qt of Tuscany style Chicken Broth
2 Tsp of Sugar
1 in of French Bread
1tsp of Spreadable Butter
1 ½ slices per bowl of Havarti Cheese
Add Olive Oil to heavy pan. Add onions, thyme, half of the butter and Rajun Cajun Seasoning.
- Sauté over medium heat for at least twenty minutes, until onions begin to caramelize.
- Add lemon juice, Worcestershire Sauce, Bourbon and wine. Deglaze pan, scraping the brown bits from the bottom.
- Add beef broth, chicken broth and sugar.. Simmer over medium heat until soup begins to thicken, 15-20mins. Add remaining butter at the end; 1-2 minutes before serving until butter melts into the soup.
- Preheat broiler:
- Butter bread with spreadable butter. Add to cookie sheet. Broil until browned.
- To plate: Add two croutons to bowl. Top with soup and 1 1/2 slices of cheese. Broil until bubbly.
- Add a scoop more of the hot soup into the bowl before serving.
Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy a bowl of homemade Big Easy French Onion Soup. The combination of sweet caramelized onions, rich beef broth, and gooey melted cheese is simply irresistible. Serve it as an appetizer or pair it with a salad for a satisfying meal. Bon appétit!