Bison Burger Recipe
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Are you tired of the same old beef burgers? Looking to try something new and exciting? Look no further than the bison burger! Bison meat is leaner and healthier than beef, making it a great alternative for those looking to watch their waistline. In this blog post, we will share with you the perfect bison burger recipe that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
8 oz of Ground Bison
4 oz of Crumbled Blue Cheese
1 1/2 Tbsp. - divided of Spicelopedia® Rajun Cajun Seasoning
1 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
¼ cups of Fat Free Plain Yogurt
2 tbsp of Dill Pickle Relish
2 Brioche Buns
Preheat Grill or grill pan to medium high.
- Mix the ground Bison, half of the cheese and one tablespoon of the Rajun Cajun Seasoning and the Worcestershire Sauce. Don’t over-mix but form into two even patties.
- Grill for about 3-4 minutes each side. Top with remaining blue cheese crumbles during the last minute and cover to melt.
- For the Sauce: Combine the yogurt the relish and the rest of the seasoning. Whisk.
- Lightly heat buns on the grill.
- Suggestion – stack the burgers with lettuce and tomato – Do use a heaping dollop of that special Cajun Sauce.
Bison is replacing beef as a healthier option. It’s leaner and delicious, but it needs a little help like a big spice or, yes, a little extra fat from blue cheese. Normally I would write the recipe with the sauce recipe separate, but this is a union of lean ground bison, umami blue cheese and the “special sauce” will remind you of a sauce at your favorite fast food joint, only with a kick. You can’t have one without the other, so follow the recipe and you won’t be sorry.