Equipment: Large Pot or Dutch Oven
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1/2 lb of Ground spicy Italian sausage
- 1 cup of Red bell pepper, diced
- 1cup of Yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of Diced onion
- One 28 oz can of Diced tomato in juice
- 2 1/12 cups of water
- 2 cups of rice
- 1/2 cups of Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp of Spicelopedia® Rajun Cajun with Carolina Reaper Seasoning
- 1 lb of Peeled, deveined, tail off shrimp, 21/25
- 1 lb of Mussels, cleaned
- Heat oil in pot, add onion and sausage, cook until sausage is browned.
- Add bell pepper, cook another 5-8 minutes.
- Add seasoning, water and tomatoes, bring to a boil.
- Add rice mix well, lower heat to slow simmer, cover, or cover and baked in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover, mix in shrimp and mussels, replace cover and cook another 5-8 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed, shrimp is pink and mussels have opened.