BBQ Beans with Bacon Recipe
BBQ Beans with Bacon is a mouthwatering dish that combines the smoky flavors of barbecue sauce, tender beans, and crispy bacon. It's a classic side dish that perfectly complements any grilled or smoked meat. Follow this simple recipe to create a delectable batch of BBQ Beans with Bacon:
- 1 tsp of Olive Oil
- 1/2 cups of Chopped Sweet Onion
- 16oz of Light Red Kidney Beans, canned, drained, and rinsed
- 16 oz of Pinto Beans, canned, drained, and rinsed
Spicelopedia™ Southwest Zesty Fiesta Seasoning
- 1/8 cups of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/8 cups of all-natural ketchup
- 1/8 cups of local honey
- 3 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp of bacon grease (optional)
- Cooking spray (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add olive oil and onion to skillet. Sweat the onion (sauté) – do not brown – for about three minutes.
Spray baking dish with cooking spray. Add the onion, beans, seasoning, vinegar, ketchup, and honey.
Microwave the bacon until crispy, about four minutes. Remove from plate. Pat dry with paper towel.
Add the bacon grease to the bean mixture and stir (if using).
Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
Remove from oven. Crumble bacon on top.