Pumpkin Turkey Chili Recipe
Pumpkin turkey chili is a hearty and flavorful dish that combines the rich flavors of pumpkin, ground turkey, and a variety of spices. It is a perfect meal for chilly autumn evenings or any time you crave a warm and comforting bowl of chili. To make this delicious pumpkin turkey chili, you will need the following ingredients:
- Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, sweet, chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic, fresh, minced
- 1 large Jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb of Ground Turkey Breast
- 12 oz of Pumpkin Ale
- 14.5 oz can of Diced Green Tomato with Juice
- 15 oz can of Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 16 oz can of Dark Red Kidney Beans, reduced sodium, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium Sweet Potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups of Cold Water
1/4 cups of Spicelopedia® Southwest Zesty Fiesta Seasoning
- Coat pot with olive oil. Preheat pot to medium high.
Add the onion, garlic, and Jalapeño. Reduce heat slightly so that the garlic doesn’t burn. Sauté for about three minutes until slightly softened.
Add the ground turkey. Brown.
Add 1/3 of the beer to deglaze the pan, scraping the browned bits from the bottom. Once deglazed, add thee rest of the beer.
Stir in the tomatoes, pumpkin puree, kidney beans and the sweet potato.
Add water and seasoning, stir.
Bring to a light boil, reduce to a low. Cover and cook for at least two hours, longer if you have time, stirring occasionally, util the chili thickens to your liking.
Select a traditional pumpkin ale – not stout or anything with other added flavors.