Zesty Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Zesty Chicken Fajitas are a delicious and flavorful Tex-Mex dish made with our southwest zesty fiesta spice blend. This dish is known for its bold and tangy flavors that will surely tantalize your taste buds. Here is what you need to get started.
- 2 lbs of Chicken breasts, ½ inch thick
2 Tbsp of Spicelopedia® Southwest Zesty Fiesta Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup of Lime Juice
- 2 Red Bell Pepper. seeded and halved
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, seeded and halved
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, seeded and halved
- 2 Large White Onions, quartered
- 12 Flour Tortillas
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Cilantro, chopped
- Combine ½ inch thick chicken breasts with lime juice and Zesty Southwest Fiesta seasoning in a non reactive bowl or leak-proof storage bag. Let marinate for 20 mins.
Preheat the grill to medium heat, about 350F-375F. Remove chicken from marinade, letting excess liquid drip off before placing onto the preheated grill.
Place chicken and veggies onto grill and cook until veggies are tender, 12-15 mins.
Remove veggies from grill and set aside. Flip chicken and let cook for another 5-6 mins, or until internal temperature reads 165F. Remove chicken from grill and let cool before slicing.
Allow veggies to cool til easy to handle. Cut veggies into strips and set aside for now. Cut chicken into strips and set aside for now.
Using the grills residual heat, warm the tortillas for about 2 mins. Assemble fajitas by placing chicken and veggies into tortilla and top with shredded cheese, sour cream and cilantro.